On February 4th, the musical duo Zibbz won the Swiss national final Die Entscheidungsshow with their rock song “Stones“. We had the opportunity for Corinne and Stefan Gfeller, members of the duo, to have answered our questions.
- The first question is very simple, how was Zibbz born?
Our parents met in a rock’n’roll band. They both still play music. We grew up listening to rock’n’roll. Blues, rock and soul was always a big inspiration for us. We have always lived for music – with no plan B. We knew we wanted to become professional musicians and studied & performed from a young age. It can be chaotic and tough at times but it always pays off when we get to perform and release new music.
- How did you come up with the idea of submit the song to represent Switzerland in Eurovision 2018?
Of course we always used to watch the ESC with our family when we were kids. But never felt we had the right song to compete. With “Stones” we think we have a song in hand that has the potential to make a little difference in this world.
- Switzerland, your country, has won the Eurovision Song Contest twice; in 1956 with Lys Assia and her “Refrain” and in 1988 with the international star Céline Dion and “Ne partez pas sans moi“. Will 2018 be the year when Switzerland get its third victory?
We definitely wanna see Switzerland in the finals! If it happened twice it can work again! 🙂
- From all the songs that Switzerland has sent to the contest, which is your favourite?
We loved the Lovebugs entry and of course the great Céline Dion!
- Few days before your victory at Die Entscheidungsshow, Spain selected its entry for Eurovision 2018. Alfred García and Amaia Romero will represent Spain with “Tu Canción“, had you the opportunity of listen to it?
Yes, there are so many strong songs and acts this year, such as “Tu Canción” by Alfred García and Amaia Romero. We are very excited to be a part of this great line-up.
- What you think is the cause of the bad luck of Switzerland at Eurovision Song Contest?
We don’t know. but we plan to find out 🙂
- Will “Stones” have any changes before going to Lisbon? And the performance?
We have designed an amazing little set up for the Swiss final show and we know were going to give 120% and enjoy every minute. That’s all we can do. The rest is up to the audience!
- All we’re left to say is thank you for dedicate your time to answer our questions. We wish you the best of lucks in Lisbon! Now, it’s your turn to say something to the readers of Eurofanweb.com and the eurofans all over the world.
Your support means the world to us!! Thank you for helping us spread the message and the music. Hope to see you in Lisbon!! 😉